I was nominated by Miss Alice, an amazing blogger from Help Down the Rabbit Hole. Her blog is absolutely inspiring and I have loved checking it out and reading all her recent posts. Take a minute and check it out! I am sure you would love it as much as I have. Thank you so much for the nomination! Means a lot 🙂
Things to do when nominated!:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the award somewhere on your blog, or at least on your post.
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs of your choosing with less than 1000 followers.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees to answer.
Now for the Questions:
Why did you decide to start a blog?
I do not know actually. I think I felt lonely. My boyfriend along with a few others noticed that I had become really stressful and all that… I had trouble with feelings and was constantly snappy. I realized that I was just holding too much inside, and I thought it would be a good way to say what I want to say.
What’s your favorite song?
Oh gosh… This is a hard one… I have far too many! If I had to limit it down to a few that have stayed as my “favorite” songs for a while, I would have to say I really love Knock You Down – Keri Hilson feat. Ne-Yo and Kanye West and I also am a huge fan of Growing Up by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ed Sheeran. In general, I just love Ed Sheeran, James Bay, and Taylor Swift a lot as well, but I could probably go on and on about those three for days.
If you would like to see a list of my favorite songs “daily”, check out my song a day list here.
What’s your favorite place to visit and why?
My favorite place to visit would probably have to be Cancun. Absolutely love the resorts there, it is like a cruise… On land. I stayed at a hotel a while back that had a bar in the pool… Absolutely loved it. Had a fantastic time there and I would love to go again.
What is your favorite thing to write about and why?
I love writing stories. Love stories. It is an easy way for me, at least, to sort of forget what is actually going on and just get wrapped into my own little creation. My own little ounce of perfection.
What do you not like to write about and why?
I think the one thing I have always had trouble writing about is family and commitment. The idea of what is going to happen in the future personally scares me even though I am often asked about it. Who do I see myself with next year? I dunno… Maybe you? How many kids do you want? I dunno… I would probably scar them for life. Things like that… it is not exactly writing about it I guess, so much as being asked about it.
What things do you do when you’re feeling uninspired, struggling for ideas or overcoming writer’s’ block?
I talk. I have this app called “Line” for the gamer side of me. There are some very compassionate, funny, and caring drama llamas on there. I have based many posts off of experiences, stories, and love I have received from these amazing people. I may not have ever met them, but they teach me each and every day. They are my family.
Name one thing, other than being a blogger, that you’ve always wanted to be.
I have always and still hope to become a doctor, maybe a surgeon or a podiatrist. Something like that. I have always wanted to write a book too.
What character (from a movie, book, tv show, etc.) do you most identify with and why?
I honestly do not know. I think I actually identify most with two characters that I created for a story I was planning to one day, hopefully finish and become my first book. Their names are Belle and Kalle. Belle is a tennis player, very shy, and very focused. She falls in love with this amazing guy but never really does get her happy ending. I feel like that a lot, secretly very shy just waiting for the right person to come along, although knowing most of the time that it probably will not work out. Kalle on the other hand, is a character that is growing up in a very tough setting, yet she does not let it get to her and perseveres in all that she desires and wants to do. She has a terrible group of friends but learns to focus only on what matters to her. I feel like Kalle’s evolution throughout the novel was based on a lot of drama that I went through during middle school. I was constantly a basketcase, but I thought one day I would write about my feelings reflecting about it on paper, and she sort of evolved into this amazing character that I truly love and identify with quite a bit.
If you could give one piece of advice to your high school self (or middle school self if you’re in high school), what would it be?
I am still in high school, but as regards to advice I would give to my middle school self, I would say the biggest thing would be that fitting in is not the same as feel good. I wanted to feel good about myself. Be surrounded by popular people. Have people know my name when it was randomly mentioned in class. I wanted my best friend. I thought to make all of those things happen, I needed to fit in and all that crap. In all honesty, it was just a load of crap. The people I thought would help me fit in made me feel like crap all throughout middle school. To me, these days, I just want to be happy getting up and walking to class every day. I want to sit through class with a smile on my face despite how much I hate the class. I want to walk out of the school with a friend making me laugh the whole way out. I want to be happy, and that does not always mean fitting in.
Who’s your favorite author?
My favorite author… Oh lord, another hard one. I have to say Veronica Roth. I loved the Divergent series, and although I was pretty disappointed with the way the series ended, she is a daring and bold author that writes beauty in every word and sometimes, says what the reader really does not want to hear, but she does it anyways. I love that.
Random Facts About Myself:
- I am just now realizing how hard it is to talk about boring me… Especially after the last post like this! Gotta be original… Actually just kidding… Originality is overrated.
- I tried collecting all the state quarters… Then I realized there were quarters for monuments too… Like Yellowstone. So I gave up.
- I talk to myself. A lot. On the tennis court and off. Pepper likes talking in third person.
- I play flute and piano, yet I am pretty sure there is not a single musical bone in my body.
- I am involved in speech, math, and varsity tennis team at school. What a nerd.
- I have always wanted to learn MMA. One day I am hoping to have a friend teach me.
- I hate coffee and tea. Though half iced tea half lemonade ain’t half bad. I mean we can pretend here can’t we?
- I. Am. Downright. Obsessed. With. Grey’s. Anatomy. Legit.
- I love bunnies and duckies… I have quite a collection still in my room.
- I have never been to Starbucks. :$
- I love my pillows… Have to sleep with at least 4 on my bed somewhere.
If you have already done this, don’t want to do it, or only want to do part of it, that’s completely fine!
- Finding Rachel’s Way
- XOXO, Mommy
- Lifestyle Blog: Living with Fear and Anxiety
- Unostentatious Truth
- I Am BeeYoutiful
- Deep Breaths
- Recovery is a Life Long Journey
- Ryan Lanz
- The Chronicles of College
My Questions For Y’all 🙂
- Why did you decide to start a blog? (As stereotypical as this question is…)
- Who or what concept or idea do you base most of your favorite posts on?
- What is one thing that you have always wanted to become or try?
- What was your biggest childhood fantasy?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is one aspect about yourself that you have always wished were a little different? Or perhaps better?
- What is the first thing you do when opening a computer or phone?
- If you could give your middle/high school self any advice, what would it be? (Question stolen straight from Alice ;D)
- What is your favorite place to think, study, or write at?
- What are some of your favorite hobbies or activities outside of school or work?
- What is your favorite number? (And why is it not 11? Hmmm)
Thanks again for the nomination, Alice!